I can hardly believe our little man is 2, where has the time gone? He had his checkup, here are the stats:
height: 37 1/4″ (95th percentile)
weight: 31 1/4 lbs (80th percentile)
head circumference: 19 3/4″ (90th percentile)
I think the pattern is clear… we have a big boy! That’s nothing new though, our little man has been a big boy all along! He is getting so smart, and so quick! He’s talking so much more, and he just cracks me up! Some of our favorite Matthew moments:
– Every night he spells out his full name (reading off the mural on his wall) and then says the full name: “Matt-chew Tommy Burns” … always Tommy, not sure why!
– One day after he had just started learning to spell his name, we were walking through the mall and all of a sudden he started spelling his name: “M eight T E W” (W pronounced “dubu”)
– Listening to him count, he can now count 1 – 10 perfectly almost every time, although he sometimes leaves out 5
– He has this crazy walk he does where he sways from side to side while kicking his feet out and he sings “bing bong bing bong bing bong”
– If he finds something funny he has to drag me over and point it out, and then he forces out a hard laugh to demonstrate how hilarious the thing is!
– Watching him play airplane with Daddy, he flys around the room with his arms out and they swoop down and graze just over wherever Violet is sitting, and he bursts out with hysterical laughter every time!
– Listening to him in his bed at night trying to go to sleep… I don’t know what he gets up to, but he laughs so hard! One thing is for sure, that boy knows how to entertain himself. And in the pitch dark, too! (he doesn’t sleep with any kind of night light)
– He loves to sing along with songs he knows (especially Fraggle Rock songs) but he always sings in a whisper. I think he’s just not sure of himself when it comes to singing, but the more confident he gets the louder he will sing.
– When Daddy says something silly I say “no way” and Matthew says “o way daddy!”
– His really drawn out “huuuhh?” and “whaaaat?”
He also loves to repeat lines from his favorite movies/shows:
“Oh my!” – Bob the builder
“Not happy bob!” (some times it’s just “not happy” or “not bob”) – the incredibles
“To infinity, and beyond” (he usually only whispers this, i haven’t been able to figure out why) – toy story
“I don’t know, amaze!” (the full line is, “I don’t know, something amazing I guess”) – the incredibles
I could probably think of a million more if I had the time, but what it comes down to is this: our little man is smart as a whip, and a complete crack up! I just hope he continues to be Mommy’s boy for a while, because I can’t get enough of him! We had a little birthday party for him which I’ll post up pictures from soon I hope – right now all the pictures are on my mom’s computer. In the mean time, here’s a little Happy Birthday Matthew dance for you!